Recipe: Yummy My Famous Crock Pot Roast

My Famous Crock Pot Roast.

You can cook My Famous Crock Pot Roast using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.

Ingredients of My Famous Crock Pot Roast

  1. It's of Roast I use bottom round.
  2. You need 1 large of beef roast.
  3. It's 2 envelope of Onion soup mix.
  4. It's 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
  5. Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
  6. It's 1 tsp of black pepper.
  7. You need 1/4 cup of cooking oil (I use canola).
  8. You need 3 cup of hot water.
  9. You need 1 of A crock pot.

My Famous Crock Pot Roast step by step

  1. Mix garlic powder, black pepper, and flour on a plate..
  2. Preheat cooking oil on medium-high heat in a skillet..
  3. While oil is heating up, coat the roast in the flour mixture on all sides..
  4. When oil fries when a pinch of flour is added, lay roast in skillet. Takes me about 3-5 minutes per side... this includes the edges, too. I usually add a little more oil depending on how big the skillet is. Use your judgement..
  5. When roast is browned all the way around, remove and immediately lay into crock Pot..
  6. Now... for those of you that know how to make smooth gravy.. you got this part.. but for the others.. add the remaining flour to hot oil.. I turn mine up a little. Constantly stir. If mixture is too thick add a tad of oil. Too much oil? Add a tad of flour. When roux becomes a golden color add hot water slowly while stirring. Add more water if needed to achieve a thin gravy..
  7. Add the 2 envelopes of onion soup mix to gravy. Stir well..
  8. When gravy is starting to bubble carefully pour entire amount over roast in crock Pot..
  9. Place lid on crock Pot and cook on medium for 4-6 hours. I usually work 12 hour shifts so I turn mine on low before I leave for work..

Post a Comment for "Recipe: Yummy My Famous Crock Pot Roast"